T25 While Pregnant

I can not say it enough.  I am so happy that Shaun T’s, Focus T25 hit the shelves when I happened to be in my second trimester.  I was so nauseous during my first trimester that I couldn’t work out. I thought about it and even tried.  It just led to more nausea and lots of fatigue.  So I knew better.

I have had a lot of mommies ask me if it is ok to do T25 while pregnant.  I am not a doctor and all I can offer are some suggestions about what has worked for me.  If you haven’t worked out a day in your life and you are pregnant, now is not the time to start some new semi-intense routine.  If I were you, I would walk every day, building up to 1 hour of walking, do prenatal yoga, and maybe lift light weights.  If you were working out before finding out you were pregnant, then Focus T25 may be a good option for you.

I started the program 5 weeks ago.  I fell in love with it instantly.  My favorite workouts from the set are Cardio and Total Body Circuit.  The workouts are 25 minutes and Tania modifies the whole time.  At first, I didn’t need to follow her very much but over the last two weeks, I have had some pretty bad sciatica.  So, I choose to follow her for my own good.  I modify more with the Speed workout because I just can’t get myself to move that quickly.  Some days I have to remind myself that I am 26 weeks pregnant and that I am carrying an extra 15lbs.  That may not seem like a lot but remember– it’s not spread out.  For the most part, it’s 15lbs of extra belly!

The fact that each workout is 25 minutes and Tania modifies the whole time, sealed the deal for me.  I will continue with this workout through the rest of my pregnancy.  This is baby #2.  For baby #1, I followed Turbofire and did a lot of walking.  I know I am working out more consistently this pregnancy and I haven’t gained as much weight.  It’s not my goal to keep weight off…it’s my goal to remain as healthy as I can, eat better, and be ready to get back into the swing of things as soon as I get the clear from my doctor after our baby boy is born.

If you have any questions- leave a comment below, send me an email (landofmoms@gmail.com), or find me on Facebook!  You know your body better than anyone else!  I would love to have you join my team for accountability and extra support and motivation so don’t hesitate to reach out.

5 thoughts on “T25 While Pregnant

1. Hi there.
    I’m currently about 2.5 months along and on the tail end of the 21 Day Fix workout. Prior to this I was doing T25. Found out I was pregnant on the last 2 weeks of the program.

I was thinking of doing T25 again after I’m done with 21DF but just wasn’t sure – until I found your blog (hooray, thanks!).

Now my question is, did you use any belly support while working out? This is my 3rd baby and so far I’ve showed big – big enough that people mistake me carrying twins.

• Hi Danielle! I would have to go back and check the exercises again because I have learned so much about abs in the last few years. It’s ok to continue to work them, sit-ups and crunches are not always the best…and definitely not what you want to do while with a belly. I’ll look into this more! In the meantime, if you are on FB, send me a friend request to connect there:)

2. I’ve been doing T25 since before I was pregnant. I’m now in my 25th week and I am wondering when should I stop doing T25… Any advice is appreciated.

• Hey Neri! I would definitely chat with your OB/midwife but I don’t see why there would be a reason to stop. Especially because you worked out BEFORE you were pregnant. I worked out through each of my three pregnancies right up until the end. Congrats and best wishes to you! Find me on Facebook if you would like to chat more or join my group for extra support and motivation…it is FULL of mommies:) https://www.facebook.com/regina.micillospennacchio

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *